Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fia is 15 months!

She is definitely in between being a baby and a toddler now. She still loves to snuggle when she gets tired and of course I love that. But when she is full of energy, she is ready to move. She just recently started cruising but she doesn't go too far yet. She took a few steps with me holding her hands the other day so we keep working on that. She also discovered she can climb so walking has taken a sidestep to climbing on everything she possibly can. Her current obsession is our fireplace. I have to pull her out of there about 50 times a day.


She has started to babble a lot, but she doesn't consistently use words. In rare instances, I've caught her saying bye-bye, dog and wow. Her favorite song is Itsy Bitsy Spider and sometimes she will try to sing it too. It is absolutely adorable! This means, of course, that we sing it constantly.


Her emotions are starting to come through and she gets her feelings hurt when she gets in trouble. This particular development has really made me feel her transition from baby to toddler.



As for her stats, she is 23 pounds 6 ounces and 30.25 inches long. Both right around average and smaller than Madeline at this age.



Despite her progress, her doctor, Andy and I were concerned how slowly she was developing. I decided to contact Help Me Grow, a state-funded program that helps infants and toddlers achieve their milestones. I figured it couldn't hurt and since it was free, we had nothing to lose. She had an evaluation and did qualify for services for speech and gross motor delays. I'm now in the process of figuring out where we go from here so we'll see how this program can help her move along.

No comments: