Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Trip to Indy

The kids and I took an impromptu trip to Indianapolis last week and had a blast! My sister had a business trip booked so we decided to tag along for a mini-vacation. We talked Nonna into coming too and turned it into a great girls trip. So much so, we want to do it again next year. Since it was a business trip and all, Jackie didn't really get to partake in the all fun, so hopefully next year for her.

We got there Tuesday afternoon and went shopping immediately. Madeline found the cutest hat so we had to get it. She was having too much fun showing it off to everyone.


On Wednesday, Nonna and I took the kids to the Children's Museum and I took entirely too many photos. But it was hard not to! This place is too cool. The first exhibit we checked out was the dinosaurs. They had a really neat room with large skeleton replicas of T-Rex's and others, but Madeline was scared of it so we had to skip that part. Instead she checked out the fossil research area.


And went digging for her own fossils.



Fia was in on the fun too! And this photo of her cracks me up every time I see it.


We couldn't possibly have gotten any luckier to have the Dora & Diego exhibit still there. This was hands-down their favorite area.


Fia was enamored with the Dora statue and kept going back to see her.


Meanwhile, Dr. Madeline was checking out injured animals in the Diego Rescue Station.


Next up was Isa's Flower Garden and the Purple Planet.




Another photo of Fia that gets me chuckling. She is such a ham!



Then we headed over to the Barbie exhibit where they were put to work answering phones.



Walking the Barbie catwalk. Future model on my hands?


Photographer?


Fia was backstage doing hair.


Lastly, we couldn't visit Indy without meeting up with Papaw for some ice cream. It was a super relaxing, super fun trip and I can't wait to do this again next year!



1 comment:

Allison said...

That's awesome! I love that you can just get up and go on a trip like that and that you had such a great experience. It looks like a blast!