So we've been unhappy with our daycare for awhile now. It's been one thing after another for months and we've finally had it. I want a new place! To be honest, I was never in love with it to begin with. But it was our only option at the time and fellow co-workers had their kids there, so it must be okay, right? Madeline is fine there, but it could be SO much better. And I'm tired of all the b.s.
Well, my employer has been in development of a brand new daycare facility for the past year and it finally opens in two weeks. Andy and I attended their information sessions months ago but ultimately decided to leave Madeline where she was. In hindsight, I don't know what we were thinking. We toured the facility today and it's amazing! It's state-of-the-art with a lot of "green" construction ideas built in (energy saving lights, lots of natural light with big windows into every classroom). Each classroom has their own outside area for the kids to play. Even Madeline's infant room! Since we work in the science field, they designed a special play area that is oriented to the sciences........a microscope for the kids to look at things, a play x-ray machine, a hanging solar system, a light box, the list goes on. When Madeline moves up to the toddler room (at 18 months), she'll have a computer to play on. Yes, the toddler room has a freakin' computer! She'll be typing out emails before she knows what she's typing.
One interesting thing though, they don't have highchairs. Even for Madeline's room. She will sit in a little baby chair at a little baby table to eat. I think that's hilarious and too darn cute. I will be interested to see how that goes and see if she actually sits still to eat.
I'm so excited for her to start! They are having an open house next week and we plan to go and take Madeline with us. So we'll see how she likes it.
1 comment:
That sounds wonderful, even if you were completely in love with the old place (which it doesn't sound like you were)! Would you mind PMing me additional info about it like where it is and how much it costs and if they'll be taking infants? It sounds right up our alley if it isn't too costly :)
Post a Comment