We went to the hospital immediately. I was a crying, hysterical mess when I was checking in but the nurse was very helpful and got me hooked up to the monitors right away. She knew I was worried about the baby (and I was also still shaken up about Madeline being so close to the busy street). But the baby's heartbeat was doing great and she was moving around just fine. They also checked her out on ultrasound in case, god forbid, things went bad and they had to deliver her. Her estimated weight was a little bit over 4 lbs. and she was measuring right on her due date. Everything looked okay, but the doctor wanted to keep me overnight for a 24-hour observation. It wasn't a comfortable or relaxing stay since I had to be hooked up to the monitors the whole time I was there. I was so glad to come home on Sunday. I was feeling awful all day though. But after a good night of rest at home last night, I'm feeling much better today. I'm still feeling a little beat up and tired, but I'm extremely thankful that both me and the baby are doing okay.
Andy went out by himself yesterday while Madeline and I were napping to go get our Christmas tree. I had no desire to attempt it again. I had enough Christmas tree shopping for one year. The doctor at the hospital suggested we try a tree farm next year where the streets aren't close to the trees. hahaha
Here are some pictures from before the accident.

3 comments:
Oh no! I'm glad everyone is ok. So scary how quickly things can go wrong. Madeline looks super cute in her coat and hat and gloves, though! :)
That's awful! I'm so very glad you and baby (and Madeline!) are doing okay!
OMG! I'm so glad that you all are okay. How very scary.
Post a Comment