Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fia Bia


Oh, Fia Bia. This little thing is a trip. I have a love/hate relationship with this age. Her cuteness factor is over the moon (just look at these pictures), but so is her annoyance factor. She still has that baby charm with her chubby cheeks and cute little feet. Everyone attacks her with kisses.  

She is a walking machine but still looks like a drunk baby and falls a lot.

She still doesn't say much.  She'll learn a new word and use it a few times, but then she stops. She recently added "down" to her vocabulary when she is done eating. She knows my name is Mommy but I've only heard her say it a handful of times.

She isn't the laid-back, no-cares-in-the-world baby anymore. When Madeline takes a toy from her or says "No", she gets upset. When she doesn't get her way, she gets upset.  When she is teething, I miss my day job.  No joke.  Those days are just downright horrendous. I am seriously frightened for her 2 year molars.

Madeline may be a Daddy's girl, but Fia is all about Mommy.  She is severely attached to me. I love it except for when I need to get things done, like cooking, laundry, etc. Sometimes she will literally be attached to my leg while I'm cooking dinner.

She is a cuddle bug.  She will come up to me and just want to lay her head on my shoulder.  She shares her hugs but I get about 80% of them.

She is in LOVE with the doggies. Her favorite thing to do is to go sit on top of Miles when he is sleeping. Needless to say, he doesn't share the adoration.

Her dancing is a trip! She has the booty shake down so we have regular dancing sessions in our Disco-tech a.k.a. the dining room.

She has finally started to leave the mini-blinds alone in the kitchen so I can leave them at a normal height now. Before, I had to always have them up away from her reach. We still have to block the dog bed with the ottoman. Otherwise, she will go lay with them. We also have to leave the laundry room door closed so she doesn't play in the dog's water. Unfortunately for the dogs, this means they have limited access to their water. I'm good about opening the door for them though when the Troublemaker is asleep or locked in her highchair.

She still messes with the dishwasher which drives me crazy. Although, I can finally vacuum the house without having to carry her too. For the longest time, she was scared of it so I had to carry all 26# of her with me. Talk about a workout!


Her favorite song is Happy Birthday and I MUST get her singing it on camera.  It is the most adorable thing you will ever see!



"Don't pity the Fia!"

No comments: