Monday, December 12, 2011
Smoothie
Over the summer I made smoothies for the girls all the time. It was a perfect snack on a hot day. But then I got out of the habit for one reason or another.
Madeline and Fia haven't been the greatest about eating their vegetables (what kid is?) and I've been racking my brain with how to get more in their little bodies. Then I remembered my smoothies! If you notice in the picture, I sneak in some spinach and they never notice the difference. It tastes exactly the same and they suck them down. Fia LOVES them and will finish her whole cup in a minute flat. I share this because I actually got this idea from another Mom and wanted to pass it along to my readers. Here is my recipe for a wholesome snack the kids will love.
1 cup vanilla-flavored yogurt
1/4 cup orange juice
1 cup strawberries, sliced
1/2 cup bananas or blueberries or whatever you want
handful of spinach
Blend together and enjoy! This makes enough for one large cup for each of my kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment