Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Two sickies

Monday night, Andy came home not feeling to well either. He had a sweatshirt on and was shivering underneath a blanket on the couch, so it wasn't looking good. I decided to make him an old family remedy, the Hotty Totty. My Italian Grandpa drank this all the time when he was feeling under the weather. Heck, I don't think you even need to be sick to drink this.

Combine 1 cup of coffee, 1 shot of whiskey, 1 shot of wine, a lemon wedge and sugar to taste. Bring to a boil and then turn off. Breathe in the steam while it cools, then drink.

I'm sure it tastes better when you don't over boil it and burn it. (Ooops.) But hey, Andy is feeling better today.

Madeline is still sick. This ear infection is taking her through the ringer. We are battling a fever of ~101 until her antibiotics kick in. Unfortunately we got a late start on that. I went to pick up her prescription after Andy got home from work yesterday. The medicine comes in a glass bottle. (Who does this anymore anyway?!) It had been a long day, I was tired and hungry and it was cold outside so I had my gloves on.....you see where I'm going with this....I dropped the %$!@ bottle and it broke. I turned around not 5 minutes after I purchased the darn thing and took it back, fully expecting to get a replacement. Nope. The prescription is only good for one bottle.

Stupid lady: "You will need another one from the doctor, Ma'am."

Me: "The doctor's office is closed."

Stupid lady: "Then you'll have to wait until tomorrow."

Me: "WHAT?!"

Stupid lady: "And oh, by the way, the insurance company probably won't pay for the second bottle either."

Needless to say, Andy and I were both livid. So poor Madeline had to wait until today to get her first dose of the antibiotic. I hope it starts working soon because she is miserable. And lesson learned....pick up all prescriptions before the doctor's office closes.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

OMG! That is something I would do! Did the insurance pay for another bottle? Hope she feels better soon.

ladybugDZ said...

OMG! That totally blows. Sorry that this happended to you. Hang in there and hope that Madeline feels better soon!