This gave us a heart attack, but fortunately everything turned out okay in the end.
Madeline woke up around 3:30am (her usual time to fuss) and I went in to check on her. She had been sleeping on her belly and I could see this dark stain all down her back and her side. I turned on her light to see better and it looked like blood! I yelled for Andy and took her to the changing table. We opened up her sleeper and fortunately it was just a REALLY bad blowout. Although, her stool did appear to have blood in it. That still concerned us but we were thinking it had something to do with the antibiotic that she is on, so we decided to wait until the morning to call the doctor. The poor thing was covered in grossness though, so we had to give her a bath at 4 o'clock in the morning. She didn't seem to like it anymore than we did and all three of us fell back asleep easily once we were finished.
I called the doctor first thing this morning and sure enough, it's a side effect of her antibiotic. I sure wish they would have told us that ahead of time!
Stuff like this really makes you realize how precious they are and the time spent with them is golden. My job has been working me like crazy lately and it's been cutting into my time with her. I hate it and it's not going to let up anytime soon. I have to go into work today and it's pretty much up to me how long I stay (if I don't do it today, it will just make tomorrow that much worse). So I don't care how much work there is to do, I'm staying for 2 hours and then I'm out.
1 comment:
I'm glad everything is ok!!
Post a Comment