Nothing like bitching about my small bathroom and then posting something like this.
My uncle is being taken off life support today. Hospice is coming in but I don't know what to expect yet. I imagine he will pass very quickly. We are all at peace with this decision. He was looking at living in a rehab facility or nursing home with 50% brain function and all the stuff that goes along with that. Jim would not want to live like this.
For those that don't know, he was in a tragic accident only less than two weeks ago. It’s been a roller coaster ride since. He's 61 years old and worked on a golf course as a maintenance guy in Florida. Don’t let his age fool you. He was a young 61 and Golf was his life. Last Monday, he and a bunch of his co-workers were headed out on a golf cart. He jumped on the back and the cart took off. Somehow he fell off and cracked his head on the cart path in 3 places. It hasn’t looked good from the beginning, but everyone held out hope that he would recover. He was unconscious until two days ago when he finally woke up. However, it’s not like he woke up and was okay again.
He is surrounded by family and I hope he passes peacefully.
6 comments:
If there is anything I can do, let me know. Life is fragile. Much love and many hugs.
Sending prayers and good thoughts to you and your family. What a tragedy.
That is so scary and sad. I'm so sorry Andrea.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that Andy & Madeline are comforting you. Let us know if there is anything that we can do.
Sending thoughts and prayers the way of your and your family. {{hug}}
love and peace.
Post a Comment