I’ve never been much of a penny pincher and I’m still not. But that doesn’t mean I can’t save a few bucks here and there. We don’t get the Sunday paper because, in my opinion, the Columbus newspaper sucks and it’s not enjoyable to read. We get the Wall Street Journal instead. So…no Sunday coupons. But I’m discovering online sites that have a lot of the same coupons anyway. I went out and got a coupon organizer and everything. I sorted the ones I already had this weekend. I know, exciting stuff, eh? Now I just need to take the next step and buy items on sale WITH a coupon….now that’s serious couponing (i.e. TheGroceryGame.com).
I’m getting a lot of my tips from free sites like www.moneysavingmom.com and www.stretchingabuckblog.com. I’m getting extra coupons from CouponSuzy.com and SmartSource.com. I think there might be others but I can’t remember at the moment.
Then there is this underground world of CVSing. CVS has this program whereby you buy certain products and you get money back, called Extra Care Bucks (ECB). I think that’s it in a nutshell. There are whole online blog tutorials about how to use the system to your advantage. It’s super confusing for the uninitiated but I hear it’s super easy once you get going. I haven’t delved into this realm yet. I need to get my couponing down first.
We also joined Upromise which gives us cash back to put towards college loans. We don't have to do anything extra that we weren't already doing. We just buy participating products on our registered credit cards and we get a certain % back. Easy peasy.
3 comments:
LOL @ "underground" :)
I have been couponing for a long time but just recently started becoming obsessed with it. Ask Jackie-she has seen my coupon box!!I usually save between $30 and $50 with double coupons at Meijer (my new favorite store). I also love the money saving blogs. Good luck-let me know how your endeavor turns out.
This is too funny because I decided to start using coupons recently and bought an organizer just last week! LOL! It fits nicely in my purse. :)
Post a Comment