One day down, many more to go. Madeline started part-time at daycare this week so today was my first day home alone with both kiddos. I'm feeling pretty well now so I felt ready for the challenge. I knew if we stayed home all day long though, Madeline would get bored. So I decided to take on the extra challenge of taking them both to the mall play area. Don't get me wrong, I was nervous as hell. But there is a first time for everything right? And I needed to get it under my belt. When we got there, I put Sophia in the carrier so I was free to tend to Madeline when needed, but it wasn't really necessary. Madeline played well and was very well behaved. She didn't even give me a hard time when it was time to go! Usually she is having so much fun that she throws a fit. I think she knew Mommy needed a break today. When we left, she said, "bye, bye, friends" and I walked out with new Mommy confidence. :) There was one small snafu but it went okay and I learned from it. No need to go into those dirty details.


We got home and watched some "shows" as she calls them while I made some lunch. Yes, I used TV as a babysitter. Frankly, I don't know how the Moms of yester-year did it without television. It is Madeline's addiction. Every kid has something right? Specifically, it's the Backyardigans. They are this gang of friends who sing and dance there way through imaginative story lines. This is the only music I get to listen to any more and I catch myself singing their songs long after the television is off. Gosh I miss WEBN. Even in my car we have to listen to Dora. It's either that or a tantrum so which would you choose? :::sigh::: But I digress.

The rest of the day went fairly well. There were several moments that were difficult to navigate when they both needed me at the same time, but they were patient and we made it through the day. Now I'm exhausted but it was fun being with my two girls all day. This will definitely take some getting used to before I'm good at it. I wasn't able to get anything else done besides dinner.
1 comment:
Way to go, mommy!!! I have had the hardest time getting the confidence to take one baby out, let alone two--I'm impressed!
Is Madeline parttime just while you're on maternity leave? Or are you staying home now? I hope you enjoy your time with your girls!
Post a Comment