The past few weeks, Fia has really been feeling like a big girl. For the longest time, she wasn't able to climb up on the kitchen chairs and therefore didn't pay them much attention. Now she climbs on them constantly just so she can sit like everyone else. The same goes for the couch.
Unfortunately, these new climbing skills have allowed her to traverse the gate we had at the bottom of the stairs. Until we were able to improvise a new barrier, she climbed up them constantly! Whenever I would catch her, she would pretend to sleep on the stair, complete with a snoring sound for effect. (Now that I think about it, I should get this on video.) Anyway, hopefully we'll be able to get rid of the gate altogether soon enough, but this kid is Trouble with a capital T and I don't trust her upstairs alone.
She pretty much follows and does anything and everything that Madeline does now. The other night at dinner, we were making letters out of french fries and having Madeline guess what letter it was. Well, Fia had to chime in and give her take to. Her answer was a bunch of gibberish, of course, but we all thought it was funny and cute that she wanted to play the game too.
With her physical abilities markedly improving, I figured it was finally time to give the poor kid a pillow to sleep on at night. I mean, heck, she is 2 years old! And when she plays on Madeline's bed, she is always laying on it. So I was surprised when she was a little weirded out by having one of her own. I guess sleeping for 2 years without one will do that. When I went to check on her during the first night, I found her sleeping on the opposite side of the bed from her new pillow. In the morning, it was thrown out of her crib onto the floor. We have some progress to make on this front.
Some other Fia cuteness to make note of:
- she LOVES dip! If we have ketchup or something else out, she HAS to dip her food in it. The other night for dinner she had a few bites of hotdog and handfuls of ketchup.
- her new favorite show is Bubble Guppies, also known as "Buppies"


No comments:
Post a Comment