Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Owie

Ever have one of those days that starts out bad, gets worse and then a bird poops on your head? Yeah, that was basically my day today. Although the bird poop is figurative, not literal.

It started actually on Saturday when we began painting our living room and dining room. As of last night (Monday), we were STILL painting and weren't finished with the dining room yet. I was completely and utterly exhausted and had a pounding headache. I woke up this morning feeling like a train hit me but I managed to go to work anyway. The physical exhaustion had me worn down and then other stuff on my plate nudged it's way in to put me in an even worse mood. It culminated with another pounding headache by lunch and I decided to call it a day and go home. Sitting in the quiet house by myself was nice and I really needed to just sit and relax and not worry about anything else.

Then Andy came home with Madeline......


Look at her! The poor thing looks like she was in one hell of a baby fight. (Please ignore my goofy smile. This was the only way to get a good picture of her.) The lump on her forehead is from reaching out to a window and missing and face-planting into it. The scratches by her mouth are from another kid trying to "kiss" her.

Please, please let tomorrow bring a much better day. Andy and I feel like we are drowning with everything that is going on. We just need a break. We are thinking of maybe planning a quick trip to the Hocking Hills for a little get-away. We wouldn't have to go far but we could still be away from home. And with Fall coming, it would be a beautiful time to go.

No comments: