Well this past week wasn’t too fun. Madeline woke up Tuesday morning with a fever and she’s been sick all week. She didn’t eat for 3 days which had us really worried. By the third day, she was noticeably skinnier and she was very pale and weak. Her fever finally broke on Thursday and then she ate a few crackers in the evening and seemed to bounce back a bit. She’s been eating more and more everyday since but she still isn’t back to normal yet. We have no idea what exactly it was, but we suspect it was some virus. She basically slept all day and wouldn’t eat. Fortunately we were able to keep some fluids in her. We thought she would be back to normal by now and she’s close, but she’s extremely cranky. She also isn’t back up to her normal amount of food, but I suppose that is to be expected. She’s eating and her Buddha belly is sticking back out again. :) So she’s getting there.
As for me, I've been feeling extremely tired lately. I could sit and do nothing all day and then still sleep all night. I don’t feel sick myself, but I’m wondering if it has something to do with M’s sickness…..being worried about her and tending to her extra neediness. So because of this, I’ve also been extremely cranky. I’m trying not to be, but it’s hard when I feel so tired. Poor Andy has to deal with both us. He’s probably ready for a plane ticket out here.
On a positive note, I’m feeling the baby kick all the time now. She’s most active right after I eat lunch and late in the evening when I’m relaxing.
And in all this madness, I forgot that Madeline said two words together for the first time last weekend. Andy was taking her to bed and without prompting, she said “Bye-bye Mama.” It was so sweet.
2 comments:
It's so neat that the baby is kicking so much now and already making herself a part of the family. Big sister Madeline will be talking up a storm by the time her little sister arrives.
You poor thing! I'm glad that she's getting better. We were all worried about her & for both of you dealing with the stress of work, a sick babydoll, & being pregnant at the same time!
Post a Comment