Phew! Two kids are alot of work! I'm not sure if it's because just two kids are alot of work or because two small kids are alot of work. Probably a little of both. We never knew how good we had it when we only had one.
They are never on the same page for naps. Sophia will go down for her morning nap and then literally wake up minutes after I put Madeline down for her afternoon nap. Then the reverse happens when Madeline wakes up. I suppose one good thing about that is I can get some good one-on-one time with Sophia, which I don't get a lot of now.
Sophia also has a sense for when I'm eating. It never fails when I sit down for a meal, no matter what time, she will need something. We have completely given up going out to eat until Sophia gets much older. I usually end up walking around the restaurant with her until Andy and Madeline finish eating.
I think I'm just feeling extra overwhelmed lately because Andy hurt his back a few weeks ago. It was really bad at first and all he could do was lay down with an ice pack and a heating pad. That basically left me alone to handle both kids along with everything else. That was tough! I have even been cutting the grass. And oh yeah, we have push mower. That is one heck of a workout! Lately things have gotten better, but Andy still isn't 100% yet. It will be awhile.
We also decided to pull our house off the market. It makes us sad and disappointed but it's the smart thing to do right now.
So with all this going on, I was ecstatic to find out I had some extra hours at work that I needed to take off. I ended up taking Tuesday afternoon off and went shopping. For myself. I don't think I've bought anything for myself in over a year. It was wonderful! As I was leaving the mall, I noticed a massage place. I was bummed because I didn't have time to stop. But I will remember that place and next time I'm stopping.
No comments:
Post a Comment