We moved into our new home last weekend and are about 60% settled. We still have to baby-proof, get the electric fence wired and hang up pictures. Those are the last of the "need to get done now" items. There are still a ton of boxes in the dining room and basement that we need to go through, but those might sit there for awhile. I think we are burned out on all this stuff and just want to relax for a bit. In these 6 whole days we've lived here, we've had a temporary fence put up for the dogs, a yard survey done, a split-rail fence installed, internet and TV hooked up (by two different providers and they weren't easy installs. One guy was here for almost 3 hours!) and various large items delivered.
We have a functioning kitchen and living room and our bedrooms are sleepable (I don't think that is a word, but work with me), so anything else is just icing on the cake. I did start to decorate the kids' bathroom though and it looks super cute! I'll get pictures up soon. As for the remaining boxes, I know I don't want them sitting around forever so I'm putting us on a deadline for 2 weeks. That should be enough time.
Madeline loves her new room and her new big girl bed. I can't wait to start decorating it. For the meantime, we borrowed sheets and a comforter from Nonna. But I want to do her room in a purple butterfly/bird theme or something like that. I've seen some super cute comforter/quilts at Target but I need more time to shop around.
Fia is happy as usual but seems more tired than normal. I think it's all the extra crawling from checking this big place out. She does great in her new room too. We put her to bed and don't hear a peep until morning.
Even though it's only been 6 days, I already miss my friends. And it's not like anything has really changed yet since I don't see them all the time. I guess it's just knowing I can't call them up for a quick playdate or happy hour. What makes me feel better though is thinking of the quality time the kids are getting with their grandparents now. We met Nonna for lunch one day this week and had Nana over for dinner another. Nothing was extra special about either event, but that's what's so great about it. Just spending the time together makes it special.
No comments:
Post a Comment