Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Crazy wind storm

Before I get to my weekend re-cap, let me cover the crazy wind storm we had here on Sunday. It was caused by the remnants of Hurricane Ike passing by.....we had record 75 mph gusts and sustained 30 mph winds. Craziness!! There were power lines and trees down everywhere. We were in Cincinnati when it started and had to drive home in it. I was worried about what we would come home to but fortunately it wasn't too bad.

We lost a tree. It was pretty sad looking to begin with.

And a huge branch fell, just missing our shed. That was it.


We never lost power so I'm super thankful for that. More than half of our county did. And both of our parents are still without power today, 3 days later.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You are so lucky you didn't lose power...we are still without and camping out at my in-laws!