So it started out with me still recovering from an awful stomach virus. I suppose I better get used to being sick all the time with Madeline at daycare now. Unfortunately because of that, I missed an awesome party at my friend, Jan’s, house. Instead I was passed out on the couch by 7pm and in bed by 9pm. We weren’t even sure we were going to make our trip to Cincy on Saturday, but I thought I felt well enough to go and I’m glad we went. First up was my cousin-in-law, Beth’s, baby shower. She looked super cute! You can barely tell she has a baby belly in this picture.
Maura, Katie and Laura did a great job hosting! Look how cute the decorations were.



Great Grandma Lewis was all decked out in her Notre Dame gear. Yes folks, she left the festivities promptly at 3:30pm to go watch her Irishmen beat M_ch_g_n.

Beth got a lot of great gifts but I couldn’t believe the clothes she got. I swear, every.single.thing was blue/brown with a puppy on it. Seriously!


Here Madeline is playing Zander, my cousin's son. So I don't know what that makes him to Madeline???
Then after the shower, Madeline and I headed back to Andy’s parent’s house. Andy and I left the baby with them and went to Uno’s for some dinner, to watch the big game and actually spend some time together alone. I wasn’t feeling too good again so I didn’t get anything to eat. But it was still nice to sit with Andy and talk without being interrupted. Once the game started, then I really wasn’t feeling good. We left after the first quarter and watched the rest at his parent’s house. What an awful game that was…..and we still had another one to watch on Sunday that was sure to be another big disappointment.
Sunday started out nice. Madeline was in a good mood despite being restless all night and Julia made us a delicious breakfast. Her breakfasts are always the best!! After hanging out for a bit, we were off to my Italian Grandma’s house for some good spaghetti eatin’ and to watch the Bengals game. My aunt also brought some really good wine for us to drink. It was a great visit! While we were there, the wind storm started and knocked the power out. It was probably a good thing so we didn’t have to watch the Bengals lose so badly. It’s going to be a rough season with them.
Sunday started out nice. Madeline was in a good mood despite being restless all night and Julia made us a delicious breakfast. Her breakfasts are always the best!! After hanging out for a bit, we were off to my Italian Grandma’s house for some good spaghetti eatin’ and to watch the Bengals game. My aunt also brought some really good wine for us to drink. It was a great visit! While we were there, the wind storm started and knocked the power out. It was probably a good thing so we didn’t have to watch the Bengals lose so badly. It’s going to be a rough season with them.


No comments:
Post a Comment