Tuesday, December 16, 2008

First "official" babysitter

So for Andy's graduation ceremony on Friday, we decided to go out without M. Every other time we've gone out without her, it's been a weekend and a member of our family drives up from Cincinnati and watches her for us. But with it being a Friday night, that wasn't going to work.

I was a nervous wreck just thinking about getting someone else. We ended up asking M's lead teacher from daycare. You can't get any better than that, right? But the whole time we were gone, all I could think about was if she was okay. Of course she was. I know! But a Mom worries and I really missed her. She definitely missed us too! We got home about 30 minutes after she went to bed. She started fussing so I went in to calm her down and she woke right up. She was up for the next hour with a huge smile on her face. All she wanted to do was play with us. It gave Andy and I little warm fuzzies to see that she missed us so much. :-)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You did it a lot earlier than we did--we have never "hired" an official babysitter-I'm scared to death!! I hope you post M's Christmas pictures!!!