What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Gave birth!
Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make them.
Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, Lots! Liz, ErinJ, Jody, StephV......
Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, no. Although, my husband's grandfather passed away two weeks ago.
What countries did you spend time in this year?
Only the grand ole' US of A.
What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More time with my husband.
What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 5th - The birth of my sweet little girl.
What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Having a baby!
Working full-time while taking care of a baby with a husband working full-time and going to night classes.
What was your biggest failure?
Needing to quit work earlier than planned before the baby was born.
Needing a c-section
Did you suffer any serious injury or illness?
Thankfully, no.
What was the best thing you bought?
All of the baby stuff.
Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My husband. He has taken such great care of me.
Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?
I would say disappointed more than anything, both in myself and others. But things happen and as much as it bothers me, you just have to move past it.
Where did most of your money go?
Baby stuff
Compared to this time last year, are you,
a) happier or sadder? Most definitely happier!
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter, but it's okay. It's baby weight and I'll take that anyday.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer! We have quite the student loan bill now.
What did you get really, really excited about?
Having my baby
Andy's graduation
What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spend quality time with those I love
What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying about things I cannot control.
Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes! Obviously since you read my blog, you've seen MANY pictures of my beautiful baby girl.
How many one-night stands?
Umm, none.
Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a very strong word to use, so no.
What was the best book you read?
I don't read alot of books.
What did you want and not get?
To be a stay-at-home Mom. Maybe one of these days...
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29 and spent the day with my little baby while on maternity leave.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having family closer to spend more time with.
What political issue stirred you the most?
I'm not really political. So nothing.
Who did you miss?
My family. I wish we lived closer. :(
Who was the best new person you met?
I've met alot of new people this year and they are all really great! SarahW, sarah, Tammy, Randy to name a few.
Tell us a valuable life lesson(s) you learned in 2008.
That life is precious and to enjoy every.single.minute.
What sums up this year? (a word, a quote... ?)
I'm going to steal this answer from someone else, but it's fitting for me too.
Life changing!
2 comments:
sweetie, you're not a failure because you had a c-section! you made a healthy, happy baby - you did your job perfectly :-)
Did I get a shot out?!? I'm so excited!! I agree, the c-section is not a failure...w/o it, j would not have a beautiful gf!! What a year....
Post a Comment