Monday, August 31, 2009

Great weekend in pictures!

Friday night, Madeline was busy calling all her friends.


Saturday morning, we headed outside to play. And Madeline hammed it up for the camera.


A self-portrait swinging with my baby.


Saturday night we had some good friends over for dinner. They aren't meat eaters so I had to come up with something that they would like. I racked my brain until I found exactly what I wanted to make.....Grilled Tilapia with Mango-Cilantro Salsa and a side of parmesan risotto. It came out so awesome I had to take a picture. They brought the salad and the drinks. They even brought me some special stuff so I wouldn't feel left out.....sparkling grape juice and hand-crafted, microbrewed draft root beer.



On Sunday, all three of us slept in (which never happens for Madeline and I). It was wonderful! Once we got moving, we headed to the splash park we tried to go to a few weekends back. It was really cool out this time so we couldn't play in the water, but it was neat to see. How cool does this place look? I can't wait to take Madeline on a warm day.





After the park, we headed to the mall to get Madeline some new sneakers. She's pretty excited about them as you can see.


3 comments:

Liz said...

YUM! That looks so good!! I'll have to try it! :) Madeline's faces crack me up.

Jenna said...

Haha...look at her awesome little shoes!

The phone thing is funny also. While you were shopping the other weekend, Madeline came in talking on the remote like it was phone. Then she handed it to me like, "here, it's for you." My Dad said it means that she's a genius.

That dinner looked great. I'll have to try it too!

ladybugDZ said...

Your meal looks yummy! Check out my food blog for another version of the same dish...http://yummyyummytummy.blogspot.com/2007/04/feeling-fishy.html. And Millie and Madeline have almost the same shoes! Great Mama's have great taste!