Thursday, June 16, 2011

Columbus Roadtrip

I received an email from Madeline's old school that they were planning a zoo trip and were wondering if we wanted to come. I jumped at the chance because I LOVE the Columbus Zoo and any good reason to take a road trip to Columbus. And it's better than the Cincinnati Zoo (there I said it). I thought my niece Alexis would enjoy the trip so we made a day of it with just me, Madeline, my sister and Alexis.


We had really good luck with the animals this day. I think it was because it was the first decently cool day in weeks.



We got to see Beco, the baby elephant.



They LOVED seeing the tiger. Alexis kept calling him Rocky. Rocky is one of her doggy's. haha



Of course we had to stop and see the fish.



And then make a stop at the playground to get their sillies out.



Don't ask why they are going down the slide head first. They saw a big kid do it so of course they had to.




Seeing the kangaroos was great. You actually walk inside with them. And one was jumping around.





After we left, we made a quick visit to a friend's house and then stopped for dinner at Graffiti Burger. Oh deliciousness it was! Jackie's review was "just okay".





Before we headed home we stopped at Jeni's for some ice cream.





It was a jam-packed, fun-filled day and we all had a blast. We may just have to make this a yearly trip.




No comments: