Sunday, June 5, 2011

Madeline's 3rd Birthday Party, Part 1

As Madeline's big day was approaching, I asked her what kind of party she wanted and there was no doubt what her answer would be. She is obsessed with Dora. So off I went in search of cool party ideas. I'm glad I planned in advance because as soon as I came across the idea of making backpacks and having an adventure, I knew that was it!

The idea was that after we ate dinner, I would take the kids to see Madeline's birthday cake. However, the cake would be missing because Swiper came by and stole it. For the uninitiated, Swiper the Fox is a character on the show that steals things and Dora has to go find them. After we would discover the missing cake, each kid that attended would receive a Backpack complete with a map (made by yours truly) and we would be off on our adventure in search of the missing cake.

Here is the Backpack I made for each kid. And all the goodies inside they needed for their adventure.


On our adventure, we would need to go over the bridge, through the tunnel and to Dora's friends.


Grumpy Old Troll was here and each kid would need to give him 2 coins before they could cross. Afterwards, they would use their flashlights to help guide them through the dark tunnel.



The first friend, Lisa, would have a bubble machine for the kids to play in.





Benny the Bull would have a CD player to play music for them to dance. Their maracas would be handy here. And lastly, Boots would have Madeline's cake. However, to get Boots' box open they would need to wake up the sleeping lion by blowing their whistles.



The following questions remain....


- Would Madeline cry when she discovers Swiper stole her cake?


- Would the kids be successful in their adventure and find Madeline's stolen cake?



3 comments:

nana said...

Oh my goodness. Madeline looks so cute as Dora in the pic.

Jenna said...

I'm glad that her birthday was a hit!! These pictures are so cute. I can't believe that you made all of those backpacks etc. What a lucky birthday girl :)

Brooke said...

What a great idea! Can't wait to see how it all turned out!