Friday, August 29, 2008

Doom's Day

Well, I made it through my first day back at work. All week I had avoided even thinking about it. Madeline was nice and didn't wake up until right when the alarm went off. So no sleeping in for Andy either. I got ready and kept thinking about what a friend told me…. "Just think about it like you are going to the mall for a bit to have fun, not that you are going to work for an entire day." That helped until I picked up my keys to leave. Then the waterworks started. What a waste of makeup! I should have known that was going to happen.

I pulled myself together before I got to work. As I walked in, I felt like a kid on their first day of school. I had on brand new shoes and a new shirt. There was a nice card from my co-workers on my desk and people stopped by to welcome me back. After I got her pictures up in my cube and on my computer, I spent most of the day sifting through 50 bazillion emails and getting caught up. I only called Andy twice to check up on her. Oh how I wish we had a webcam! BUT I did get an email.....

"Mommy, I hope you are having a good day. I have attached a picture of myself to cheer you up. Love you lots, Madeline"


Then it was 4pm and I hit the ground running. Another day I am thankful that I live 5 minutes from work! As I was walking out, I was praying I wouldn't see anyone that wanted to stop me to talk. I couldn't wait to get home!! She was taking a nap in her crib so I went to go see her and she was just waking up. I snatched her and ate her up. Yay for a 3-day weekend!!

No comments: