Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Four ouchies

Madeline had her two-month doctor appointment today and she is one healthy baby. She is 12 pounds 13 oz. (90th percentile) and 23 inches long (75th percentile). She had to get 4 shots today too: two in one leg, one in another leg and one on her arm. She also got an oral vaccine that was kinda funny to watch her take. I made Andy go with me so I didn't have to deal with it by myself. Madeline actually did really well though. Much better than we expected! I think she screamed harder last night over nothing. Seriously!

It was still hard for her Mommy though. My eyes welled up while I was watching and trying to calm her down. I was consoling her and then Andy was consoling the both of us. hahaha

And then as if she wasn't tortured enough, we had her eyes checked which involved drops to dilate her eyes. This was to test her farsightedness. Anything between +2 and +4 is normal and anything above a +5 means there is a greater risk of her having a lazy eye when she is 3-4 years old. Her scores were +4 and +4.5, so she fell in the gray area between the normal range and the abnormal range. The person performing the test advised that we get her eyes checked again when she is 1 year old, but most likely she'll grow out of it.

After we got home, she ate a bottle and then has been sleeping ever since. I hope the rest of the night goes well.


2 comments:

jannypie said...

AWWWW poor baby!!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could hold her. You both look so cute....poor baby!